Spring Break Day 1 and 2 Recap

This Spring Break we decided to take a little trip down to San Antonio.  We contemplated going somewhere different and new, but in the end, our total lack of planning left us with few other options.  And, it would be all new to Emi since she was just a teeny tiny baby the last time we went.

On the drive down, we decided to make a stop in Gruene, TX to have dinner at the Gristmill.  It was a really pretty evening and we were able to watch the sunset and enjoy a delicious dinner on the river.

I’m not exactly sure why Emi was so upset in this picture, but I’m guessing it had something to do with her wanting to pour salt and pepper on the table. ;) And, did you notice the empty chips and queso?? We were all starved and it was like a feeding frenzy just before we snapped this pic. One of Luke’s “goals in life” is to eat chips and queso around the world. Haha. I think this is just his clever way of getting us to order it when we are on vacation. But, whatev, who doesn’t enjoy a little C & Q every once in a while. I know I sure do!

And since Olivia got a picture with Daddy, Emi wanted a picture with just her and Daddy, too. I was happy to oblige.

After dinner, we walked around the little town center of Gruene and checked out some of the local shops. It’s such a neat place.

We got to our hotel pretty late, so Emi got a bath and went straight to bed. Meanwhile, the big kids and I went up to check out the rooftop pool. They were able to get a quick swim in before hitting the sack.

The next morning, we woke up bright and early and headed to Sea World for the day. We watched lots of shows, ate junk food, and just enjoyed a beautiful day in the sunshine.

We took way too many #seaworldseflies because what else is there to do while you are waiting for a show to start?

Wait time for the mini ferris wheel = 1 hour

Time ride was actually in motion = > 30 seconds

Wait time to get off the ferris wheel = 15 minutes

Excitement on their sweet little faces as they went around and around = PRICELESS :)

Luke and I opted out of the Loco River Ride…for obvious reasons (see below).  So we waited and waited and waited outside the ride…and more #seaworldselfies took place.

They were soaking wet!  Apparently, there were other people on their raft that did get a drop of water on them.  Lucky for them, they were drenched.  So glad they have a Daddy who will do these things with them so that I can stay nice and dry.

After this…it was time to go.  The sun was setting and it was getting colder outside and so we headed back to the hotel.  We got cleaned up and then enjoyed one of the best Italian dinners on the Riverwalk.  We were all so tired from the long day that it might have been one of the quietest dinners in Evans’ family history.

Day 3 and 4 recap tomorrow…